Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3 New Mass Effect Screens
Gamers Reports Forum > Microsoft > XBOX360
Kenny K
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

just when i thought the game couldnt look better.

also yes these are all real time during gameplay, no scripted scenes, no clean up work here, or pre-rendered trickery going on. the game really will look like this on your TV.
Sky
u bet me to it kenny k.. good job.. i love these screens man especially the blue girl.. shes hot.. i hope she can be on my team... im sooo gassed for this game

this lair and maybe ninja sigma will be my summer titles

IPB Image

this is what the unreal engine is capable of...

which brings me to my question... which looks better unreal or crysis?

sorry to divert the thread a little bit

now crysis

IPB Image

B1ueBurneR
QUOTE(Sky @ Apr 6 2007, 11:17 AM) *

u bet me to it kenny k.. good job.. i love these screens man especially the blue girl.. shes hot.. i hope she can be on my team... im sooo gassed for this game

this lair and maybe ninja sigma will be my summer titles

IPB Image
this is what the unreal engine is capable of...
which brings me to my question... which looks better unreal or crysis?

sorry to divert the thread a little bit

@ Sky, Crysis Engine 2 Kicks Unreal Engine in the Nuts. ooch!
Sky
yea as you can tell B1 i added crysis picture

there pretty close though u think?
B1ueBurneR
QUOTE(Sky @ Apr 6 2007, 11:25 AM) *

yea as you can tell B1 i added crysis picture
there pretty close though u think?

no not really, look at crysis lighting and shadow effect. look the soldier texture almost look spiderman movie like. . am I the only noticing that most of unreal games have to do with a dark atmosphere and enviroments. if unreal engine could pull off the draw distance and realism in C.E.2 then I wouldn't say a word but buy the looks of things it doesn't even come close. Just my opinion.
Sky
QUOTE(B1ueadmiral @ Apr 6 2007, 11:47 AM) *

no not really, look at crysis lighting and shadow effect. look the soldier texture almost look spiderman movie like. . am I the only noticing that most of unreal games have to do with a dark atmosphere and enviroments. if unreal engine could pull off the draw distance and realism in C.E.2 they I wouldn't say a word but buy the looks of things it doesn't even come close. Just my opinion.

i agree with you...now do u believe its possible we will see a game with GFX like crysis on a console during the ps3 and 360's life span?

i think its very possible but hard to imagine
B1ueBurneR
QUOTE(Sky @ Apr 6 2007, 11:52 AM) *

i agree with you...now do u believe its possible we will see a game with GFX like crysis on a console during the ps3 and 360's life span?

I think it could come close but not with out limitation , not witho out hiccups, or not through out the whole game maybe in certain closed off section somewhat like Fight Night ROund 3, the characters have hight poly count cause its mostly only them on screen. now you can't get that high poly count in a basket ball game per character. Do you understand what I'm trying to say or I'm I losing you?
Kenny K
QUOTE(Sky @ Apr 6 2007, 08:17 AM) *

there are reasons why i tell you i worry about you laugh.gif

as for the crytek vs UE3 go:

-both rendering engines are different, they both produce the same effects (motion blur, DoF, LoD, etc) but process them differently.

-Crytek2 is optimized for DX10, where AFAIK the UE3 is not just yet, at least not commercially.

-Crytek2 engine is FAR more difficult to work with then the UE3 engine which support better tools.

i think both are great and we will see both engines pushing these next gen systems very far in the future. for me though, i like the grittiness of the UE3 better.

QUOTE(Sky @ Apr 6 2007, 08:52 AM) *

we will see games that look better then crysis during this generation. some things may not be rendered as efficiently as Crysis because of the lack of DX10 tools on the consoles.

but for the most part we will see better looking games wink.gif
daveydz3
can you explain, DoF and LoD, for us not in the know of those terms, at least myself

thanks
Nemesis IX
The Cry ENGINE 2 is far more powerful than the Unreal 3 engine, but you get a realistic graphics in Unreal 3 alot quicker than out of Cry Engine 2, unreal 3 is easier to develop for mainly because this is epic's 3rd Engine with there first coming out back in 98' so they have almost 10 years of experience working with Engines so they can perfect it for developers so them get the best out of it easier.

This is CryteK's second go at a game engine with there first engine only finished in 2004 (originally designed as a tech engine for Nvidia) so they themselves are realitivily new too there own engine with only 2 other developers so far are using Crytek technology(NCsoft, Ubisoft [Montreal] ) give Crytek another 6 years for version 3 before there engine becomes more fluid and developer friendly.
The thing i like about motion blur in CryENGINE 2 is the motion blur is applied to anything moving from the camera(player) or the camera itself moving, the engine itselft calculates the distance and amount of blur to be applied, from what i know i think unreal has to be told the amount of blur needed and where to apply it.

i think the definition of DOF is a focused subject sourrounded by an area of deccressing focus.
basically an area of total focus with the sourrounding areas blured out.

which LOD do you mean there are a few different sentences shortened to LOD,
i'll explain one of them the "Level of detail" which unreal does particulary well, what it does is when exporting an moveable object from a exterior software such as 3d max there is a modifier in it called "MultiRes" what that does is when the character or object is at a certain distance the textures on the model are loaded at different resolutions say the character is faraway then very low res texture is loaded starting at 256x256 and gradually getting higher till the character is next to you.
a new feature starting from unreal 2 and Cry ENGINE2 also has is the ability to to do the exact same thing as the texture but with the mesh in the model say at a distance the model could have 2,000 poly's and when its next to you it will be at it high poly count.
gears high poly models where 5,287.
some old engine did this very bad and you could actually see the just for low res to a hight res.

hope that helped or made you more confused.

B1ueBurneR
QUOTE(Nemesis IX @ Apr 7 2007, 07:26 AM) *

The Cry ENGINE 2 is far more powerful than the Unreal 3 engine, but you get a realistic graphics in Unreal 3 alot quicker than out of Cry Engine 2, unreal 3 is easier to develop for mainly because this is epic's 3rd Engine with there first coming out back in 98' so they have almost 10 years of experience working with Engines so they can perfect it for developers so them get the best out of it easier.

which LOD do you mean there are a few different sentences shortened to LOD,
i'll explain one of them the "Level of detail" which unreal does particulary well, what it does is when exporting an moveable object from a exterior software such as 3d max there is a modifier in it called "MultiRes" what that does is when the character or object is at a certain distance the textures on the model are loaded at different resolutions say the character is faraway then very low res texture is loaded starting at 256x256 and gradually getting higher till the character is next to you.
a new feature starting from unreal 2 and Cry ENGINE2 also has is the ability to to do the exact same thing as the texture but with the mesh in the model say at a distance the model could have 2,000 poly's and when its next to you it will be at it high poly count.
gears high poly models where 5,287.
some old engine did this very bad and you could actually see the just for low res to a hight res.

hope that helped or made you more confused.

@Nem. where can I go find out the poly Count of any of the Next-Gen games that has been released or are coming out. I like informations like that. it doesn't matter what system.
Unbiased Technology Professor
The newest issue of the Official Xbox Magazine talks about how Crysis will almost certainly appear on the Xbox 360.

The interesting thing is that there are suggestions that the Crysis game on the Xbox 360 will not be the same version released for the PC. Rumors are saying that the Xbox 360 version will have the same characters, and weapons, and things like that, but the storyline will be different in some ways.

The PC version of Crysis will look incredible. An Xbox 360 version would look very similar because the port to the Xbox 360 would be very easy, since both would use DirectX as their foundation. Obviously, you might initially think the big difference would come when you have a PC with 2GB of RAM compared to 512MB of RAM for the Xbox 360. However, this is one particular instance where the 10MB of eDRAM for the Xbox 360 would really by a BIG advantage for the console, because it is such an advanced form of RAM that Crysis would be able to take advantage of in customized ways on the Xbox 360.

I saw the new screenshot of Unreal Tournament 3 for the Xbox 360 on the teamxbox.com website, and it looks amazing! The Xbox 360 version looks virtually identical to the PC version of the game running on one of those powerful 2GB of RAM PC's.

As far as Mass Effect goes, I think Mass Effect is truly the "Next-Big-Thing" in gaming!!!

Mass Effect has the potential to generate even more hype and more publicity than Gears of War!

The graphics in Mass Effect are the best graphics I have ever seen in this sort of game. But it is the gameplay that makes me so excited to play Mass Effect!!!

All of the super-talented voice acting, the music, and the awesome storyline also adds to the way Mass Effect is so impressive!

I remember when I first downloaded the displays of Mass Effect from the 2006 E3, and I heard all of the comments and previews about how awesome it is. When I watched Mass Effect, and I saw the main character rough up that alien bartender in the way he did, with so many different options available, it made me 100% interested in the game!

I definitely agree that Mass Effect is worthy of all of those Awards it received at the 2006 E3. I hope the stores open up at midnight and release customized faceplates the way they did with Gears of War.

There is actually a cool website I found that allows you to build your own Mass Effect website, or download all sorts of cool pictures and things like that for your current computer. Take a look at this website: h ttp://masseffect.bioware.com/downloads/#dl-fansitekit

If you want to build your own Mass Effect website, you will need to download the file for the Fan Site Kit. I haven't had a chance to do so yet, but I would like to give it a try, because I think a Sci-Fi Action RPG like Mass Effect is the PERFECT game to do something cool like that!!!
johnIRL
QUOTE(Unbiased Technology Professor @ Apr 7 2007, 02:26 PM) *

The newest issue of the Official Xbox Magazine talks about how Crysis will almost certainly appear on the Xbox 360.

The interesting thing is that there are suggestions that the Crysis game on the Xbox 360 will not be the same version released for the PC. Rumors are saying that the Xbox 360 version will have the same characters, and weapons, and things like that, but the storyline will be different in some ways.

The PC version of Crysis will look incredible. An Xbox 360 version would look very similar because the port to the Xbox 360 would be very easy, since both would use DirectX as their foundation. Obviously, you might initially think the big difference would come when you have a PC with 2GB of RAM compared to 512MB of RAM for the Xbox 360. However, this is one particular instance where the 10MB of eDRAM for the Xbox 360 would really by a BIG advantage for the console, because it is such an advanced form of RAM that Crysis would be able to take advantage of in customized ways on the Xbox 360.

Hiya folks, new user,

Anyway, just a comment on Crysis on the 360, maybe it'll go to the 360, but if that happens you'll probably see it on the PS3 as well, since CryEngine 2 is currently in development for both consoles, and EA has no tendency towards either console. However they've also said "untill were done with the PC version we don't even think about what to do next." (Edge 174). So you probably wont be seeing Crysis of PC for quite a while after its PC release.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2008 Invision Power Services, Inc.